Did you know a data breach at your company could put you out of business faster than any economic crisis? Dr. Eric Cole, world-renowned security expert and Founder of Secure Anchor shares his story of being a professional hacker at the CIA and also shows us how to protect our business and our clients from being attacked online, on this episode of The Rising Entrepreneur Podcast with Corey Benschop!
3 Main Takeaways:
- You gotta ask the hard questions, otherwise the answer is always “no.”
- The best possible thing you can do at any given time is the “right” thing, the next best is the “wrong” thing. The worst possible thing you can do is nothing.
- Let data drive your decisions, not your emotions.
- @drericcole on social media
⏱️ TIMESTAMPS ⏱️
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:05 – Welcome to the show Dr. Eric Cole!
- 3:03 – Cyber attacks are a risk that largely go unrecognized by the average entrepreneur.
- 5:15 – How Dr. Cole ended up working as a professional hacker for the CIA.
- 9:27 – Why good things always seem to happen to certain people.
- 13:02 – How to know you’re taking the right action.
- 15:00 – Listen to this if you think your sales process is broken.
- 20:10 – When to switch gears and do something else.
- 23:34 – The mindset you need to become successful.
- 25:08 – How to quantify your time when you’re an extremely busy business person.
- 29:35 – This is why no one knows about you.
- 30:15 – Dr. Eric Cole’s “Perils & Pearls.”
- 34:25 – How to evaluate the value of your intellectual property.
- 39:23 – Creating culture around your leadership or brand.
- 41:11 – What you need to know about cyber security.
- 46:55 – Why Zoom got negative publicity around their security.
- 49:49 – It’s just an inconvenience to minimize your exposure.
- 50:25 – Where to go to learn more about securing your business online.
- 53:01 – Dr. Eric Cole’s last piece of advice.
Want To Be A Guest?
Apply to be a guest on the show here: https://apply.therisingentrepreneur.com